Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's and Hump Day Oh My!!!

Today is April Fool's Day! And it also falls on a Wednesday, making it Hump Day!!!
I just wish i were in better spirits, but what can you do, right?

Hmmm. spirits, hmmm sprites. April Fool's. Sex. Interesting....my mind wandered into Shakespeare world and I can't help but think about the character of Puck today, and those who have performed Puck, most notably, Robert Sean Leonard in a little film called Dead Poets Society.

A fellow Fordham Alum (in his own way), I first met Mr. Leonard during his stint in the Broadway revival of The Iceman Cometh. He had come to the University, and several of us got to know him, and see his show, etc...and even, (YES, even I did this), agreed to go root for he and the rest of the Iceman team in that year's Broadway Softball League. He's a great guy, and, in my opinion, a brilliant actor.

Photobucket

His character of Neil in DPS is one that is so touching and moving, and real to myself, and others who are 'different'. I use the term different because the role can be viewed as such, from many separate perspectives. Of course, when I first saw the film i pegged the character for being Gay, (in the 1950s), and his story and journey rings very true to many i have known, and several i have lost.

For those of you (ms. K if you're nasty) who may haven't seen the film I will not reveal Neil's arc, but state that it is very much the heart of the film.

March isn't really a good month for me. At least, it hasn't been for several years. With April beginning, its like a re-birth, and its been the same cycle every year. Like Clockwork. Depression sets in in March, and then come April, you have to deal with the re-building, etc. and putting back on the smiling face ;-)


Which brings us round to today, and back to April Fool's and Puck from AMSND! There is something about that fella...

here are two pics of different actors portrayin the sprite.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment