Monday, April 6, 2009

Sex And the City

This weekend, while battling a migraine (three-Day one, bless me) I watched a film that came out a year ago, practically. A film I had wanted to see, but for some reason or another, couldn't get my mind to it. Perhaps it was that I was no longer living in the City that is a character herself in the film> Perhaps it was that no one really wanted to see it, and it's definitely not a film to go to by youself? Perhaps, i knew, going into watching the film, that the film would bring back memories i am not sure i wanted to experience...but as I sat on the couch, holding a blessed palm (it was Palm Sunday afterall, and a neighbor had brought one over for me), i swallowed my pride and viewed "Sex and The City: The Movie".

Photobucket

Where to begin? Well, the was as long as about 5 episodes or so, but I really didn't mind. In fact, seeing the girls again really was great. I was a fan of the show, and loved some of the characters (Samantha, Steve, Carrie, etc). Others, of course, i despised. (HELLO CHARLOTTE!) And the same feelings came back with the film.

Perhaps I dislike Charlotte (Kristin Davis) because i hated her Melrose Place character Brooke. I'm not sure. But i hated her on the show, and i didn't much like her here, until she litterally poops her pants!!!!!!!! I tell you i was taking a drink and it came out my nose!!! That was CLASSIC!!!!!!and brought a huge relief to the depressed characters, and myself...

That's one thing about the movie. They've all gotten older. More jaded, perhaps? More realistic. I mean, When Samantha (LOVE HER) is watching her hunky Malibu neighbor have sex and be the 'male version of herself' you can see a longing in her eyes. This man, played by Gilles Marini, I will tell you, for a SMOOTHIE, had so much sex appeal, it was making me excited. Seriously,. Hello, look below...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Seriously, folks, I have read so many reviews, and they barely touch upon this amazing plot point. This hunk of a man, Dante, is Samantha's other half, as if the two were separated at birth, and a moment that occurs between them sets the metaphor in place for the entire film itself.

In said scene, Samantha, who has for months spied on the hunk while he ravishsly displays his sexual conquests for the public's viewing pleasure (and he has many), chases her sexually charged puppy up his porch while he is enjoying himself in his outdoor shower (WE SEE COCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) She drools over him and he asks her if she would like to join him. She thinks about her life with her boyfriend, whom she manages (hes an actor), and you know that she really wants to go to him and sud him all up. But, alas, she declines the offer. He even tells her is name "Dante!" and invites her over any time she wishes. What does Samantha do? She decides not to partake in the carnal pleasures, and in fact, ultimately end up moving back home to NYC. What does this mean? Our Samantha is all grown up. Much has changed, of course, but the core of her remains, albeit older and wiser, and yes, more down to earth.

The same can be said of all the ladies, in their own way. And, in essence, the same can be said for all of us. A lot has changed since SATC went off the air, and the film represents that. It was a film that was not as funny or shallow as i had thought it would be, but that's okay. It is one i will def. go out and purchase. And although not as edgy as i would have liked it to be, cock and all, it was a pleasant surprise.

So, for Sex and The City, I give it 4 cocks...and im looking forward to the sequel...


Now, to leave you with something to drool over, here is the star of MadMen,John Hamm and my god, is he hunkalicious. Enjoy! And Happy Monday!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just have to tell you, I went on a special girlfriends date with manicures and dinner with cosmos before the movie when it first came out and I now own a copy of it.....LOVE IT. I also have some of the series on dvd. What a goof ball am I.

    ReplyDelete