Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Adam Lambert...controversial? or copy cat?

On Sunday night's American Music Awards broadcast, American idol finalist Adam Lambert, fresh off of bursting thorough the closet as if Michael Myers were attacking him (Now, that would be fun to watch), did a performance that sparked so much controversy you think he would have ripped up an image of the pope. (oops, that already happened, sorry, Sinead.) Anywho, what, exactly did he do? well, he sang a song. Something about Entertaining himself or someone else, I'm not really sure...Anyway, here are some images of that mighty fine piece of performance art. (I tried to find a pic of him tripping, but have been unable so far as to find it.)







As you can see, he's kissing a guy, big whoop, all leather and edgy lol...not to boo hoo on his parade, but it's been done before, and in my not so humble opinion, its been done a lot sexier, edgier, etc...

Take for instance his puppy show that opened the act. I saw that and immediately I went KABOOM!!!!! The costumes, the shoulder pads, the human dogs, where have I seen that before? (Besides Rawhide lol)

The answer is this: Mr. George Michael's video for his song FREEEK, off of his excellent PATIENCE album. You can see the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrOe1Eq1N6U

It's hot, cutting edge, and the song is simply scrumptious! Here are some photos. Enjoy!










Now, Mr. Lambert has made statements defending his performance (which i don't think he should have done in the first place. Art is art, in my book. Then again, look at the shit I do? lol) ABC is so pissed off. Conservatives are all pissed off. The Gay/Repulican cum straight battle is once again heated. lol Mr. Lambert made note of past performances of Madonna (OMG remember her LIke a Virgin and the MTV VMA's? Prieceless), Spears and Christina. Yet he failed to mention an artist who seems to have influenced his artistic journey more than the three of the ladies combined: Mr. Michael.

Now, Mr. Michael has, lets face it, a colorful past, but he's a brilliant Artist, and he's on my top ten list, so I may be partial when i say this, but, he just rocks my world. George...call me...please!

And good luck to Adam Lambert. I do think there is potential there, but the next Freddy or George, he may never be.

Here's one last pic of George Michael to wet your appetites. And check out that video!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment